The Elko County Fire Protection District will open controlled burning effective Friday, October 15, 2021. Burning hours are 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. daily. All natural vegetation burning must be extinguished by noon. Small warming or cooking fires are permitted at any hour. If the burn escapes control, the landowner/permit holder could be responsible for all suppression costs.
Please visit Elko County Fire’s webpage to obtain or update your permit at https://www.elkocountynv.net/departments/ecfpd_-_fire_district/index.php . Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link. Your phone number will be your new burn permit number and will be valid 12 months from issue. A copy of your permit and the county’s burning regulations will be e-mailed to you upon issuance.
• YOU MUST NOTIFY DISPATCH PRIOR TO BURNING (775) 777-7300
• OPEN BURNING IS RESTRICTED TO NATURAL VEGETATION ONLY,
NO CONSTRUCTION OR TRASH MATERIALS
• NO OPEN BURNING AFTER 12 P.M. (WARMING/COOKING FIRES EXEMPT)
• DO NOT BURN IF WINDY
• DO NOT LEAVE FIRE UNATTENDED FOR ANY REASON
• AN ADULT OVER 18 MUST BE PRESENT AT THE BURN SITE
• KEEP A WATER HOSE OR WATER SOURCE AVAILABLE
• KEEP PILES SMALL, NO LARGER AND 4’X4’
• EXTINGUISH ALL PILES COMPLETELY WHEN DONE
• KEEP A THIRTY FOOT (30) CLEARANCE AROUND THE BURN AREA
If you have any question regarding controlled burning, please contact the Elko County Fire Protection District at 775-738-9960.